Today is St. Patrick’s Day! It’s weird not having 150+ middle school kids checking out your clothing to make sure you have green on.
So today I decluttered! Guess I should have counted how many pictures I removed but totally forgot to do it – maybe a trip to the trash can is in order.
I went through an old box of photos, digitized the ones I wanted to keep, threw away many, and put a few into the small boxes for the kids.
No pics for this one – sorry!
Other things that happened at our house:
- took the car to get looked at (see our Random Acts of Kindness post!)
- went to work to pick up my scanner before the complete lockout at 2 pm. The county has extended Barb’s out of school until April 30th. All school buildings are off limits. I needed the scanner to digitize some of the pictures.
- watched “The Rainmaker” movie
- John did some yard work as well as transplanting a bush
- made Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Potato dinner. This has to be one of the easiest “holiday” meals to make! We embraced our Irish roots with non-traditional Irish foods. I seem to remember reading that Irish immigrants to the US started eating corned beef and cabbage because it was cheap. Anyone know for sure?
- John took a nap
- FaceTime with the grandkiddo! She is growing so much!
- Talked with both Kiddos – kiddo #2 was venting that her noon conference was about potty training in midst of Coronavirus pandemic. Guess they want the Pediatricians to remember parents will still have concerns about things other than Coronavirus.
- Talked with both mothers. They find it funny that we are both considered “elderly” when they first started talking about the age groups most vulnerable. The media has lost the term elderly. Guess too many people were offended being called elderly.
Hope everyone is taking time for mental health breaks in their day.