We’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you Melody @ The Minimalist Next Door! We are glad someone has looked at our blog and felt it was worthy.
The Liebster Award is an online trophy given from one new blogger to another in which we have to complete tasks listed in the award rules. Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- You must thank and link to the nominated blog
- You must answer the 10 questions asked of you and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- You must nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they have been nominated
- You must write a post containing the questions
- You must include these rules in the post
Here are the questions we were asked to answer:
- What was your favorite book as a child?
- Barb: “The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet” by Eleanor Cameron
- John: “Happy Hollisters” series by Jerry West
- What time of the day are you the most creative?
- Barb: Creative? whenever it happens.
- John: Morning
- If you could only eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- Barb: Blueberries, burritos, Flank Steak and Tomato recipe hubby makes
- John: Watermelon, rotisserie chicken, banana creme pie
- Where are you going on your next travel adventure?
- Barb and John: Eastern Sierras near Mammoth Lakes
- What has been the best part of downsizing or adopting a simplified/minimalist lifestyle?
- Barb: It seems like we have more free time (or we are just making it a priority) and less cleaning. This also could be because our children are out of the house!
- John: House doesn’t feel like it’s bursting at the seams.
- What is the cheapest vacation you’ve ever taken?
- Barb: 3 weeks at a time share in Newport Coast, CA. Time share was free!
- John: Car camping with the tent.
- What inspires you each day?
- Barb: My hubby and girls
- John: The desire to do a good job to provide for my wife and girls.
- If you had a super power, what would it be?
- Barb: The ability to throw Force Fields
- John: To have the car gas tank full with the snap of my fingers.
- What is the most difficult part of blogging?
- Barb: Knowing someone else might read the posts – so I guess making sure I’m using proper (or close to proper) grammar and spelling!
- John: Taking the time to keep up with it.
- If a stranger on the street gave you a dollar, what would you do?
- Barb: Say thank you and then pass it on to someone else. Pay it Forward!
- John: Say thank you and pass it on to someone else.
Here are our nominees:
- All-Round Better Me
- Gin is my Comfort Food
- Every Week is Green
- Moving Forward
- Minimalist Guy
- Minimalizing My Life
- Journey to Simplicity
- Relativity – It’s all Relative
- The Next 50 Years
Questions for our Nominees:
- Dog or Cat??
- What is your one “indulgence” you won’t give up?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Do you think you could achieve a true zero waste lifestyle?
- Which states/countries have you lived in for more than 3 months?
- Which sports team is no longer worthy of your “loyalty”?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- What is it about yourself that you like the most?
- What would you do if you had more courage to do it?
- What is your favorite food?
Thank you again Melody @ The Minimalist Next Door!