This seems like our new normal.
“Only thing we have to fear is fear itself.“ Franklin D. Roosevelt
I am fearful that EVERYTHING coming into our home is infected. And we aren’t going out often or ordering stuff.
- John went to pick up fresh fruit and vegetables this morning at the grocery store.
- Kiddo #2 ordered something from Amazon before the “Safer at Home” order here in California. [She will frequently use our address for deliveries since she has issues getting stuff delivered at her apartment.] Everyone else must have been ordering the same gluten free soup. It finally arrived today in a cardboard box.
I was nagging John to be sure he sanitized everything including the box and bags along with all the door handles and other stuff he might have touched after he brought the stuff in.
Please don’t misinterpret – I am a supporter of self-isolation and the statewide isolation order. From a public health perspective, this and hand washing are the best ways to decrease the spread. Our county currently has a 10% death rate. This is nothing to mess with.
Anyone else having anxiety about infected stuff coming into the house? I know we have all conquered our fears of clutter entering!
And the other stuff happening here today:
- John made another loaf of sourdough bread
- Barb weeded the side planter. It was nice to sit outside and have time “alone” with my thoughts.
- Catching up on blog reading.