Life here has been busy. I am back to in-person teaching (that’s a series of posts I will probably never write!) Needless to say, I’m trying to stay afloat.
John, on the other hand, officially retired June 16th! He has been spending his time on his “Honey Do” list and rereading the Wagons West series of books by Dana Fuller Ross. I think he is on book 6 out of the 30ish books.
Some of the things completed on the Honey Do:
- reapplying silicone around the toilets
- installing the threshold between bathroom tile and hall/bedroom
- installing trim along front edge of shower
- reattaching fan cover in our bathroom to sit flush with ceiling
- repainting our bedroom ceiling
- replacing rollers in the sliding screen door
- removing a huge bush from the back embankment
- installing drip system for patio plants
We also decluttered a section of the garage shelves. Since we had a couple of boxes from my mom’s house, I needed to have a place to put them. It’s all the china pieces I don’t have in the house. I’m not sure how often I will need the coffee and tea pots as well as the many serving pieces and tiny coffee cups.
We decluttered 4 boxes of books, 3 camping chairs, and 10 medicine bottles!
MANY years ago we were going to have a vacation house with a library. Basically any book we ever bought we kept with the idea of putting them in a library. All these years later, our vacation home is on wheels and books are easily carried on a kindle/ipad/phone etc. Besides, I quit buying books about 6-7 years ago when I realized I needed to read the ones I had. I’m getting close to done!! These are the hardback copies that didn’t leave when we last decluttered books.