2021 was memorable for so many reasons, but I’m going to focus on our decluttering.
We decided to continue tracking our decluttered removals. We decluttered 1715 items!
Now that may not seem like much but this now brings our “official” decluttering numbers to 20717 items removed since I began this journey in 2014.
Is it possible we decluttered more than this? Of course! But these are the number of items we intentionally made a decision to remove from our home. I also did not count the dozen or so boxes my brother brought to me from my parents’ home. A majority of that stuff was donated or trashed but I still had to go through them and decide to not keep most of it.
I still have some areas in the house I want to declutter and just need the time to do so. Anyone else have this issue??
- Printed pictures – both that I’ve taken and those from my parents’ home
- Digital pictures – I wonder if I should have a separate decluttering sheet for digital decluttering. Cleaning out an email “box” might meet our 2022 in 2022 goal.
- we still have many boxes of books out there. We recently had a discussion and are giving up on our vacation home with a library dream. Digital reading devices while traveling are so much easier to use.
- we have “old” supplies for various projects that can be whittled down. How many plumbing PVC connectors do we really need as backup?
- Work related stuff – I’m getting closer to retiring (hooray!) and some of the resources just aren’t needed here (or at all). So much is available online now.