Since the “Great Flood of 2015”, we have been a resident of the local Residence Inn since May 19. They provide breakfast daily, “happy hour” 3 days a week, and all the stuff needed to stay in their rooms. We are in a studio room – king size bed, living area and full kitchen with most of what you would need to stay there.
Here are some of our musings.
- Our larger couch is way more comfortable to sit on to watch movies.
- Streaming movies hasn’t been a problem. They provide decent wifi.
- The knives they provide SUCK!
- 4 plates for the both of us is not enough if we eat/prepare more than one meal a day.
- 4 glasses are not enough either.
- 4 utensils for eating is definitely not enough!
- They should provide a sponge for the kitchen.
- We miss our washing machine.
- The coffee maker just isn’t the same.
- We miss our gas stove.
- Electric stovetop is easier to clean than our gas stovetop.
- It is ridiculous that they will come into the room to change the towels and make our bed every day.
- Glad they have the “We are all set for today” sign.
- Not sure we could live full-time in 450 sq ft.
- Walls are nice to have.
- Cleaning up 450 sq ft is easier than 1300 sq ft.
- The Dog likes his daily walks – there are police dogs in training staying here and he really likes leaving his scent on every bush!
- We won’t miss carting our recyclables from the hotel to the house.
- The hotel should make a better effort at recycling.
- We have generated a lot more waste in the last 2 months.
- This may be larger than our RV, but it feels more confining.
2 thoughts on “Life in the Motel musings”
This is an interesting sort of experiment in forced minimalism, eh? I hope that your unpacking and moving home is going well.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I think the sq ft would be ok if the rooms were designed for permanent living. Most stay a couple of days. Only met a few who are actually there for more than a couple of weeks.